3D Interconnect with CAD and PDM
Data can come from all different places: suppliers, clients, contractors, etc. but that doesn't mean your company should struggle with consolidating files together.
Join us on Thursday, January 24th at 10 AM ET for our webinar as TriMech Application Engineer, Lisa Hughey, explores the concept of integrating 3D CAD data from other systems into SOLIDWORKS while managing your data in a PDM vault. The files coming in from outside places will need to be converted to work within SOLIDWORKS. And what about your team's legacy files, or recently acquired data stores? Models can come from all kinds of sources. You may need that geometry as a reference down the line, or you may need it right now for a hot project. We'll look at your options for utilizing this data effectively.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why you should have a strategy for managing data from multiple sources and varying 3D CAD systems
- The importance to know your options for dealing with old, new and imported 3D CAD data
- There is no one-size-fits-all method for working with your data. There are multiple factors that determine the best modeling and data management approach
- How SOLIDWORKS has features to help you work proficiently with geometry from other 3D CAD systems
- How PDM can house and revision-control your non-SOLIDWORKS data
Reserve your spot by registering now. Can't attend? Register anyway and we'll send you a recording!
About The Presenter
Lisa has 14+ years of experience with SOLIDWORKS CAD and PDM software. She has another 4+ years of experience as a design engineer and CAD administrator before joining the VAR channel and ultimately focusing on data management. She has been a CSWP since 2006 and maintained status as a certified SOLIDWORKS instructor and certified support technician for more than a decade.